I returned home from the second day of my new job (Yay! very excited!) today without a drop of energy remaining. It is so hot and humid here at the moment that the only place to be is in cold water. Even an ice cold soda doesn’t bring much relief. I have learnt, today, that I will have a number of special needs children in my class from Monday. I am very excited to meet them, but I am afraid of not being the teacher that they need me to be. I hope that I will make their school year as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
Feeling drained, I decided to check my blog while sipping ice water, and was met with a wonderfully encouraging comment. To my surprise I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by darkjasm from http://newtha.wordpress.com/ . Thank you for visiting my blog, and sharing the love by nominating my post for this award. You are very kind and have given me new enthusiasm to continue blogging.
Even though I have read that many people receive this award, I am very grateful for its encouragement. This award is by new bloggers and for new bloggers. It has German origin and translates to “dearest”. Its a way of sharing the love in the blogosphere.
Liebster award rules:
1. Thank your nominator and link to their blog.
2. Answer your nominator’s 10 questions (find them at the bottom of this post).
3. Nominate 10 other blogs, each of which should have less than 200 followers. Notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with your own 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My nominator’s 10 questions (and my answers):
1. What is your most favorite food?
This is a very difficult question for me to answer because I love all good food. I particularly love Italian food. If I had to eat one type of food for the rest of my life I think it would be pizza.
Because you can change the toppings according to what you feel like – and it’s an excuse to enjoy cheese. We have a local restaurant that makes a Monster pizza with chicken mayo, bacon, feta, pineapple, pepperdew and avacodo – amazing! Or on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, preserved fig, feta, caramelized onion, butternut and chilli! How can you go wrong.
3. What is your idea of “me time”?
Time spent doing things that make me feel relaxed: painting, playing music, lying on the grass, cooking, crafting… anything like that. Spending time alone, doing something that gives you the chance to clear your mind of any negative energy.
4. What comes to your mind when you hear or read “Indonesia”?
An exotic place that I am interested to learn more about.
5. What is your favorite color?
Green. It is neutral but inspirational.
6. Which one is your favorite post in your blog? (a link please?)
My favourite post is on Making vintage-looking signs. It was the post for day 3 of the zero to hero blogger challenge.
I originally started my blog with the intention of sharing ideas and discoveries, particularly crafts; and prior to this post I hadn’t done that. So this is my favourite post because it’s what I really want to share.
8. Which post is the hardest one to write? (another link?)
My first post of this year, because it was full of disappointment; I had just learned that I did not get the job I had set my heart on. I had also discovered that a “friend” had used our joint efforts raising funds for a charity for personal credit. I wasn’t disappointed that I didn’t get any credit (I genuinely did it for our selected charity and didn’t want to be identified), I was disappointed that she had used what was supposed to be a charitable (emphasis on the reason behind the fund raising, not the people behind the fundraising) effort as a personal pedestal.
9. What is the reason behind your chosen theme?
I haven’t really isolated a theme yet, but I’m getting there. I would like it to reflect the type of things I am interested in and the type of person that I am. People should get an idea about who I am by glancing at my blog.
10. What do you think about this award?
I think it’s a brilliant idea. For me it came just when I needed encouragement and I’m sure it spreads the happiness wherever it is shared, so keep sharing!!
My 10 questions for the blogs I have nominated:
1. Choose one word to describe you.
2. What animal do you identify most with?
4. Why did you originally start blogging?
5. If you could choose only one activity (besides the fundamentals like eating and sleeping) to do for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Your house is on fire, what is the one thing you will save?
7. What is your biggest wish for yourself?
8. What is your biggest wish for others/the world?
9. What advice would you offer new bloggers?
10. What motto/quote/saying speaks to you most and why?
I know it’s a lot to read and respond to, but please share this award with other bloggers who are starting out. You never know whose day you will have made cheerful.
Thank you for the love.
Now I’m off to nominate 10 other blogs. Check in again to see who they are.